Bank of the west offers a safe and secure access to your account thus allowing the opportunity to manage your finances from anywhere. The service is available to all customers registered online.
Bank of the West has made it a lot easy for customers to access their bank accounts from anywhere, anytime. All they need to do is register for the internet banking services offered by the bank. With this step by step guide, you will be able to login, reset your password and register for the internet banking services easily.
How to login
Accessing your Bank of the West online account is easy. You will need your logins and of course reliable internet connection to access all the features on the website. Follow these steps to login:
Step 1-Open https://www.bankofthewest.com/ on your web browser
Step 2-Enter your username and password and click “sign in”
You will be directed to your dashboard if you use the correct logins
Forgot your password?
You can reset your password if you can’t remember it. It’s easy as long as you have the correct username. The websites has an easy to use interface. You can reset your password by following these simple steps:
Step 1-Go to the Homepage and click “forgot “as shown in the image below
Step 2-Enter your username and email address and click “continue”
The bank will create a new email address and send it in your email address
How to enroll
Enroll for the online banking services offered by Bank of the West are only a five minutes process. These services are only available to people who have a bank account with the bank. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1-Navigate to the Homepage and click “enroll”
Step 2-Check the small circles (whether personal or business) and select whether you have a bank account with the bank or not
Step 3-Select yes if you have a social security number
Step 4-Read the requirements there and click “continue”
Manage your online account for Bank of the West
Internet banking services offered by the bank are not only free but also give customers these benefits:
- Full time access to their bank accounts
- They can check their account balances anytime
- You can make payments anytime
Transfer money between accounts
Bank of the West Review
Bank of the West was founded in 1984 in San Jose, California. The bank is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas and has over 600 branches and offices in the United States.
Bank of the West was originally known as Farmers National Gold Bank, and it is today one of the largest banks in the United States. The bank is authorized to issue paper currency and backed by gold reserves. The backing has helped many people to grow their businesses, finance farms and builds homes.
There are many benefits that come with an opening an account with Bank of the West. Despite being a brick and motor bank, they have also embraced technology and are now offering online banking services to customers who have an account with them. In this post, we will be looking at some of these benefits in depth.
Bank of the West has been managing its customer’s money for more than 135 years. For individual, commercial and small business clients, the bank provides banking solutions as well as investment and lending opportunities. A wealth management solution is also available for more affluent clients.
For all Bank of the West checking accounts, customers can enjoy benefits and features that fit all specific needs. The bank’s dedicated advisors and representatives will also be there to ensure that everything works smoothly. The bank offers three checking accounts to its customers:
- Easy checking-This is a basic account with a very low minimum balance. It does not have an annual percentage yield and a monthly service charge of between $8 and $10. Account holders can also access online and mobile banking with a debit card, Bill pay and overdraft protection included.
- Signature checking-This is an interest checking account with additional benefits. Depending on the balance, the annual percentage yield usually ranges from between 0.01% and 0.03%. A 30% monthly service fee applies on this checking account. Added features include online banking and mobile banking with optional overdraft protection, bill pay, no fee for money orders, stop payments, debit card, earns interest, standard checks, and no charge at other bank ATMs.
- Premier checking-This account comes with many benefits for the average banker. The annual percentage yield from this account ranges from between 0.01% and 0.03% depending on monthly balance of the account. A $30 monthly service fee is charged, and there are loan discounts and premier investment benefits.
Savings and money markets
The bank has two different savings and money market accounts that customers can choose from. The two accounts are meant to help customers to reach all financial goals. It doesn’t matter whether the savings is only short term or long term, you can find an account that’s tailored to your needs:
- Classic savings-This is an interest-earning account and can be easily opened with a low minimum deposit
- Choice money market savings-This account has higher interest rates and other customer benefits when clients open a Premier checking or Signature Checking account
Aside from being one of the most recognized banks in the United States, the bank also has its own downsides, which we will be discussing here:
- Limited locations
Bank of the West has branches in 19 states only. That means that if a prospective customer doesn’t live in one of these states, then the bank will not be able to meet their banking needs. States that are serviced by the bank include: Arizona, California, Wisconsin, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, South Dakota, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Minnesota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming
- Monthly service fee
One of the main downsides of having an account with Bank of the West, whether it’s a checking or savings account, require a monthly service fee. Although these service fees can be waived, users are required to meet certain requirements. If the requirements are not met, then the charge will certainly apply.
Bank of the West offers more than just banking solutions to their customers. They also provide wealth management and financial education solutions. If you choose to bank with Bank of the West, then you should expect the following:
- A number of checking and savings accounts
- Financial education
- Limited availability
- Retirement opportunities
- Monthly service charge