US Bank operates a subsidiary of US Bancorp, a diversified financial services company. Founded in 1968, the bank provides commercial banking services for institutions, businesses and individuals
The US Bank strives to give their customers the best banking experience and with its internet banking services, customers can have access to their bank accounts from anywhere around the world as long as they are connected to the internet. And those who have mobile phones can download an app on their phones and login. Here is a guide to take you through the internet banking services.
How to login
If you have already registered for the internet banking services, you can login anytime as long as you have a computer and internet connection. Here, you will need your login ID and password to access your online account. Follow these steps:
Step 1-Open https://www.usbank.com/ in your web browser
Step 2-Enter your user ID and click “login”
Step 3-Enter your password
Forgot your password?
If you have forgotten your password, it’s good news to know that you can reset it in only a few simple steps. However, to reach the password page, you will need to use a user ID that is recognized by the bank. Otherwise, you won’t be granted access to the password page.
Since we are only doing guides-we are not customers with the bank, all we can say here is that once you have used a valid login ID, you will navigate to the password page where you will see a link that will enable you to reset your password. Unfortunately, we can’t get screenshots.
How to enroll
Creating an online account with US Bank is easy and if you have reliable internet connection, it will only take a few minutes. You will be required to provide certain details about your bank account. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1-On the homepage, you will see the link “new user? Enroll now.” Click the link
Step 2-Choose your account type on the page below. It could either be personal or business
Step 3-Click “Yes” and fill in the details required on the page
Step 4-Complete three more steps
Manage your US Bank online account
With your US Bank online account, you will be able to do the following:
- Pay your bills
- Report stolen or lost card
- Get transaction alerts
- Check transaction history
- Check your balance
- Online customer support
- You can apply for loans
US Bank Review
U.S. Bank is a subsidiary of U.S. Bancorp. The bank is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and is the 7th largest bank in the United States.
U.S. Bank (initially known as United States National Bank of Portland) was founded in Portland, Oregon in 1891 and provides banking, trust, investment, payment and mortgage services and products to businesses, individuals, government entities and financial institutions.
The bank has 3,106 branches and 4,842 Automatic Teller Machines, mainly in Midwestern U.S. The bank has $321 billion in assets and runs 3,086 offices.
However, the bank’s stability and size are only part of the picture. In its desire to grow and boost profits, seems like the bank has lost it connection with customers and its customer support has become far from enough.
BankTracker.com ratings for U.S. Bank
- The bank scores two stars out of five in BankTracker.com’s customer reviews on Online Experience, Customer Service, Fees and Charges, and Bank Rates, and only one star out of five for Overall customer satisfaction. In addition, the site gave the bank an overall grade of “C” and a rating of 30%.
- Using the site’s Green, Red and Yellow score system, the bank received a green mark for positive approval for its Mobile banking and Financial Health; a Yellow mark for average for Bank Rates; and a Red for Number of Locations for Bank Fees, Number of Locations and Customer Ratings.
In addition, the bank’s fees which tend to be on the excessive side of many banks, one of the main review complaints from customers (current and former) seems to be:
- the bank’s unwillingness and inaccuracies to handle the issues without a long dispute process.
- According to customer reviews, when dealing with these issues, customer support representatives are usually unhelpful and rude, and on rare occasions that you find someone that is personable, the problem remains unsolved, and you will have to make more phone calls and write letters to handle these issues.
- It also seems that even within the bank, they cannot agree on their very own policies. Customers are often transferred between departments many times and each department contradicts what the other says.
- In addition, it seems that U.S. Bank charges its customers fees that are not due and declines to reverse the fees.
- It also happens that the bank reports the unpaid fees to credit bureaus even when the fees in question are in dispute, thus affecting the credit scores of their customers so that when the dispute is resolved, which can actually take months, the customer has to get the credit report corrected.
- Another downside of U.S. Banks is lack of quick response to fraudulent charges against credit and debit cards, holding checks for extensive periods of time, insufficient firewalls to protect users and inability to track communications internally with their customers.
Summary of U.S Bank Review
U.S Bank offers services in all areas of finance, providing Checking and Savings accounts, Brokerage accounts, Mortgages, Insurance, Payment Services, Investments, and Trusts, just to name a few areas that they have ventured in.
- The most common complaint seems to be the bank’s inability to correctly process direct payments and correct errors that emanate from this inability.
- Many customers have written on more than one website that the bank had taken a lot of money from their accounts to make such payments and then declined to correct the errors, which were a lot of money and took more than a few weeks to resolve.
- A Georgia online paper called ‘Consumerist’ reported that U.S Bank took billions of dollars in government bailout money and then declined to provide mortgage modifications for homeowners. Georgia’s Dennis Blackmon reprimanded the bank in the court and to the media for taking the bailout and refusing to help customers.
- Although the importance of financial security cannot be questioned, especially in this era of bank bailouts, reasonable rates, excellent customer support and trustworthiness are also important. Seems like U.S.
Bank doesn’t understand this even though they preach how customer service is one of their core pillars. Their everyday business practices don’t back this philosophy up. An effort to find good reviews for this article was fruitless. A few of the positive reviews found also included at least one downside about the bank.